Your product or service isn’t for everyone. If you want to be successful, you have to know your target audience. And how do you find them? By answering the following questions:
- What is my product or service and why is it unique?
- Who do I want to sell to?
- Why would they want to buy my product?
After you have these answers, you can focus on your primary market and start honing in on your ideal customer by answering a few more questions:
- What are the characteristics of your ideal customer?
- What customers would you like to work with and can you offer them something that they are willing to pay money for?
- Are your current clients what you consider your ideal target market?
The key to a successful small businesses is to understand that only certain types of customers will buy your product or service. By determining who those people are and putting efforts, energy and budget in to target your marketing efforts toward them, you can develop that trust relationship that will in time, turn them into customers.